If we and our posterity reject religious instruction and authority, violate the rules of eternal justice, trifle with the injunctions of morality, and recklessly destroy the political constitution which holds us together, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us, that shall bury all our glory in profound obscurity.Daniel Webster
Once again, I have been distracted from my writing this draft for a long time. Nonetheless, I still find it important to finish. This quote from Daniel Webster is pretty self-explanatory. If our America rejects, violates, trifles, and destroys, then no man can tell how sudden she will fall. So, in keeping this short and sweet, ask yourself the following questions on behalf of our country and even on behalf of yourself.
- Have we (America and personally) rejected religious instruction and authority?
- For me personally, this is asking if we have rejected the one true God… since that was the God of Daniel Webster…
- Have we violated the rules of eternal justice?
- Trifled with the injunctions of morality?
- Or recklessly destroyed the political constitution?
- …. What happens next?
One more little tidbit, “bury all… in profound obscurity”. That means we are no longer… Let that sink in